Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Get to know me.. the -Navy Wife- me!

1. How long have you been a military wife?
We've been married since May 19th, 2008 & he's been in since July 27th, 2008. So, either way.. about 2 years. :)

2. What branch of service is your husband?
Navy!

3. Active/Reserve?
Active

4. What is your husband's job?
AO, Aviation Ordnanceman. He does anything from building bombs, moving them around, loading them, etc.

5. How many deployments have you gone through?
He came home from our first on March 24th, 2011 :)

6. ACU's or Class A's on your man?
I'm more of a dress blue's kinda girl.

7. What do you like about being a military wife?
Being able to go places I would have never been able to otherwise.

8. Do you live on base?
No! We don't have 'on base' housing here in Everett. We do have base housing but it's for families (with children) & officers. Besides, I like banking half of our BAH after rent ;)

9. What is your favorite base so far?
I've only lived at Everett, WA but I've been to Pensacola, FL &.. I'd have to say Everett is my favorite but it's because Pensacola has nothing around but the beach & it's kinda gross. I guess if I lived there & had time to explore I'd think differently.

10. What is the hardest part of the military life?
At first I would have said moving away from family but we've moved about as far away as possible from our family as possible (cont. US. (TN to WA) so it would definitely have to be watching Sailor sail away. The deployment in itself wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

11. Do you go to the grocery store or commissary?
We lived right next to the commissary for a year until we moved closer to base & to where I work so now we just go to the grocery store. It's much easier & just as cheap (WinCo) as the commissary is. WinCo is 5 minutes away & no traffic - Commissary is 20 minutes north on I5 with tons of traffic.

12. Do you work or stay at home?
Neither, I actually nanny outside of the home. Luckily, she's also a Navy Wife & a fellow Lincoln wife so we have tons in commons (she's from the South, too). I stayed home for the first year & it drove me crazy!

13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
Yes!! :) Tons in person & just as many that live in the computer <3

14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX?
Uh, our NEX is pretty small although I do go there for movies, etc since they're tax free.

15. How did your husband propose?
It was 2 days after my 18th birthday at my favorite place to eat! It was the place we went to on our very first date together. He put in my spoon in my soup, when I found it, he got down on one knee & asked me in front of my entire family & the other group of people sitting across from us. :)

16. Did you marry him after he joined or before?
We got married on May 19th, 2008 & he left for boot camp on July 27th, 2008. :) We just didn't want to deal with all of the paperwork. The 'before' paperwork was enough.

17. How long have you been together?
Been together for nearly 4 years & been married for nearly 3 years.

18. Any kids?
Nope! We're just rolling with it.

19. Any kids yet to come?
We'll know in a few weeks, doubt it though. LOL

20. Is your husband one of those "I am soldier hear me HOOAH" kind of guys?
FARRR from it!

21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband?
A big fat N-O.

22. How many bases have you lived at?
Just one! Everett, WA!

23. If you could change one thing about the military?
Ya know, I like everything about the military. I feel like if you took away one thing, it wouldn't be the same. I usually thrive on change but the only change I like to see in the military is duty stations & commands.

24. Do you like military balls?
Our ROTC in high school had them. My best friend took me to two of them but I've never been to a Navy Ball. The first year, Sailor wasn't 21 (neither was I) so we didn't see the point. The 2nd one, Sailor was deployed & I didn't want to go alone. & this year, we'll both be 21 so maybe we'll go & party.. if he's not deployed. :)

25. Where does your family live?
Majority of our family lives in TN. A few in AL & GA.

26. What do you do for a job?
A full time Nanny :)

27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife?
No thanks!

28. Name one thing you do while your husband is gone:
I work, work, work.

29. Do you think other wives do that, too?
Well, I know some of them don't work but majority of the wives I know do have jobs. If they don't have a job, they have a kiddo. Same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment