Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What I cooked Wednesday.

I see all kinds of blogs in my blog feed doing 'All Dressed Up/What I Wore Wednesday', 'Wednesday Wishes', or 'What I ate Wednesday' soo.. I'm doing a What I cooked Wednesday! :)

So, tonight.. I cooked my Mom's Homemade Chicken Pot Pie! I'll give you the things you'll need, how to cook it & pictures to go along with! So, here goes it.

What you will need:
  1. A big mixing bowl.
  2. 1 9" deep dish pie crust - They both come in a 2 pack in the freezer section.
  3. 1 9" regular pie crust
  4. 1 can of corn - used 1/2 can
  5. 1 can of peas & carrots - used 1/2 can
  6. 1 can of diced potatoes - I used sliced on accident. used 1/2 can
  7. 2 cans of cream of chicken - I used 2 of the small cans, 1 big can works the same way
  8. 2 cans of cream of celery - I didn't use this, I don't like it
  9. 5 - 6 chicken breasts
Directions along with pictures:

Pre heat oven to 350*
Brown 9" deep dish pie crust on 350* as well.
Gather all of your things. In the mean time while chicken is boiling, cook the 9" deep dish crust until golden brown.

After chicken is boiled, shred or tear apart by hand and put in mixing bowl.

Add your corn, cream of chicken, cream of celery - optional, peas, carrots & potatoes into the bowl with the shredded chicken.

Mix it all together. Kinda looks gross, I know.

Put the mixture into the browned pie crust.

Slowly & carefully put the top pie crust on top. Do not rip it, be very gentle because it's thin. Pinch the edges or press with a fork to seal it off. Poke as many holes as you think you'll need.

Cook on 350* for 20 minutes, check to make sure it's cooking right. Cook for 20 more minutes, let cool & enjoy! :)






2 comments:

  1. That looks super yummy! I will have to try it out! Do you think it will feed 4?

    I hope you are well, I must have missed your I'm deleting facebook post, but I saw your cooking chicken pot pie post on weds 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom cooks 2 & it feeds about 5 adults & 1 child. :)

    ReplyDelete