Sunday, February 20, 2011

February.. why so quick?

Actually.. I could careless why you're passing by so quick! Can you believe it's the last full week of February?! I can & can't all at the same time. I feel like we just started this year! The next thing we'll know it'll be March & we'll be preparing for Operation: Homecoming. Not complaining about that, either! ;)


I can say I'm pretty fortunate that this deployment has gone by so quickly but if I didn't have a job, friends, my girls or family it wouldn't even prepare because it would have gone by sooo freakin slow. Ugh!


I can only imagine what it would be like if I didn't work 49 hours a week. I'd probably be sitting in bed all day watching Netflix like I do now that I'm still at my parent's house. It was a good break from work, from WA & having to be completely independent. I'm an independent person.. maybe that's why deployment wasn't so bad for me. It blows but I don't waller myself in pity, either.


When Sailor left for his first fast cruise last January.. well, let's just say it wasn't pretty. I didn't leave the house for like a whole week. It was pretty depressing but it had been the first time he'd been away from me for 8 months & I wasn't with family. I lived at home the first 9 months he was in the Navy because he was in Great Lakes for boot camp then Pensacola for A-school. Plus, I was working full time & it completely consumed my life. I looked forward to getting off work because Sailor would be out of school at the same time usually. & I visited him once a month while he was in Pensacola. Now, I couldn't even see myself NOT moving with him but it's what I had to do.


I totally lost my train of thought soooo, I think I'm going to get ready then take my girlies to PetSmart because they LOVE going there :)


xoxoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment